In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
The disposable digital camera debuted in 2003.
You may have seen single-use digital cameras in photo stores, or been intrigued by the concept the first time you heard there was such thing as a disposable digital camera. (I know I was.)
But are disposable digital cameras really worth it?
Disposable Digital Camera Pros & Cons
- There’s an LCD screen, so you can see the photos you’ve taken and how many shots remain.
- You can delete a photo that you don’t want.
- There’s an automatic flash built-in.
- It’s a relatively low-cost camera option at less than $20.
- There’s a self-timer built-in.
- You don’t have to figure out how to get the photos from the camera onto your computer; there no wires, cords, or downloading.
- The camera itself is fully recyclable.
Here’s how to turn a disposable digital camera into a reusable digital camera!
- You’re limited to taking a small number of photos per camera (25 or 12 MB of space internal memory).
- The resolution is quite limited (2 MP).
- You have to pay for the prints afterwards.
- The preview screen is fairly small (1.4 inch).
- You can only delete the most recent photo, rather than previewing all of the shots and deleting the ones you don’t like all at once.
- There’s no external data port, so you can’t download the photos to your computer; you must take it into a camera shop to get the prints.
Reviews Of Disposable Digital Cameras
Here are the early reviews and detailed specs for the new single-use, disposable digital cameras:
- The Ritz Dakota Digital Single-Use Camera
- One-Time Use Digital Camera With LCD Arrives
- CVS Launches World’s First Disposable Digital Camera With Preview Screen
- Take Vacation Photos With Plenty Of Do-Overs
- VistaQuest Disposable Digital Camera Review
- Disposable Digital Cameras Have Arrived (Sort Of)
- New Disposable Digital Cameras
- IKEA’s Cardboard Digital Disposable Camera
- Digital Cameras Go Disposable
- A Disposable Digital Camera Enters The Market At $19.99
- Waterproof Disposable Digital Camera Pros & Cons
I'm a Photographer who's been documenting every moment of my life in pictures… for decades! I currently have 171,285 photos saved in 6,034 albums online (backed up in 3 different locations). Pet Photography and Travel Photography are my favorites — I'm always taking pictures of our dogs at home and of us on our multi-day motorcycle trips. When I'm not snapping photos, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).