This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
renting a photo booth makes you cringe, then you may want to try your hand at making your own photobooth.
In the simplest sense, all you really need is a fun backdrop where your guests can stop by and get playful portraits snapped by a photographer.
Here are some people who made their own DIY wedding photobooths:
- Nick & Linda’s homemade photo booth
- “Godzilla’s” photos from their Red Cheese photobooth
- Mrs. Firefly’s photobooth photos
- Examples of fun wedding photo booth photography
- Lots of fun wedding photobooth shots
As you can see, they run the gamut — from simple to complex.
The amount of detail that you put into your DIY photobooth is completely up to you!
How To Make A Photobooth Yourself
- For step-by-step instructions, here’s how to make your own photobooth.
- There are lots of additional tips for a DIY photobooth here.
- Here’s the inside scoop on building your own photobooth.
- And here’s the ultimate DIY wedding photo booth guide.
- Finally, here’s a decent tutorial for a DIY photo booth.
These videos should help when making your photobooth as well…
More Fun Ideas With Photo Booths
- Better Watch What You Say At Photobooths…
- Find A StoryBooth & Tell Your Personal Story
- Flickr Photobooth Group
- Interesting Ways To Enhance The Photo Booth Experience
- Fun With Photo Booth Photos
- Cheesy Photobooth Instructions (could be cute in the right setting)
- DIY Party Photo Booth Tips
- Fun With Picture Frames & Photo Booths
I'm a Photographer who's been documenting every moment of my life in pictures… for decades! I currently have 171,285 photos saved in 6,034 albums online (backed up in 3 different locations). Pet Photography and Travel Photography are my favorites — I'm always taking pictures of our dogs at home and of us on our multi-day motorcycle trips. When I'm not snapping photos, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).